Mikko Suominen, who works as Quality Manager for Satatuote, considers his work rewarding but also suitably challenging. The values of the company and my own values align, and due to the low organizational structure, advancement is straightforward.
The job description of a quality manager is diverse.
– My job includes developing and maintaining quality management systems, customer and supplier audits and internal audits. I also deal with discrepancies in our own production with customers and suppliers, Suominen says.
Suominen, who has been working at Satatuote since April 2015, started as a summer worker in the production side of the business.
– During my studies, I was a summer worker in Satatuote's production for several years, during this time the company and staff became familiar. After graduation, it was therefore a natural move to office worker within the company.
Suominen, who graduated from Tampere University of Technology as a Master of Science in Chemistry, has access to his stiudies through his work.
– An understanding of chemistry is needed in my work, including in the preparation of declarations of conformity for food packaging. My job is well supported by my technical training.
Values go hand in hand
In Mikko Suominen's view, the work is rewarding but sometimes challenging.
– The job description involves outlining and making decisions about large entities. In the midst of everyday haste, this is sometimes challenging. On the other hand, it is rewarding to know all the staff, so that advancement of issues is straightforward. Thanks to the low organizational structure, any reform is also heard at an early stage.
Suominen believes that the values of Satatuote meet his own well.
– I greatly appreciate Finnish and Finnish-owned companies. Family entrepreneurship, for example, is reflected in the values that the owners themselves create. I believe that these values have been well implemented. They are featured at almost every training day and quarterly meeting throughout the company and at the heart of all activities.